Sunday, October 18, 2009

My Place and Yours: On the Shelf

Oh what fun!! A brand new play-along!!

So, what's that on my shelf? It's the baker's rack in my kitchen and I particularly like these two shelves (the others are more utilitarian and house such things as a garlic pot, a banana holder, a wooden bowl for fruit, and the like.) But these are my fun ones and all have special meanings.

The cookie jar was a special aunt's and needs to be filled with cookies as we speak.

The cutting board was made by my son in high school and I love it -- can't bear to use it so it sits in its special place.

The copper watering can is just because I like it.

The wooden things were brought back from Holland by my brother -- they are for mixing and whipping -- I've used them but mostly just for fun.

The old irons are from both sets of grandparents -- the big one opens to put coal in it and has a little knob in front in the shape of a lion!

And the best: my little kitchen stove from childhood -- I fixed many a "meal" on it!!

The tail on the right belongs to Sam the cat -- he decided he was hungry and came over to dine. I like his tail. And him, too, of course.

Go here for more shelves (and thanks Pip for the fun new meme!)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Cathie said...

i love that little oven! you must of had the best fun when you were little.

meetmeatmikes said...

Oh YES! The little stove is gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous (3 times!). I think your shelf is full of lovely things and interesting memories. Which is just ace. Thanks for playing along! x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails