Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Making Playdough

Today Noli made playdough (along with her mom of course...) and then we played. The acorns in the foreground are her "acorn garden." I love that.
A mini acorn garden and a snowman. He has a French beret on.
As you can see, on this the 6th day of January, I still have not put away the Christmas decorations or tree. Maybe Noli and I will do that today or tomorrow. I am the worst procrastinator!
There are lots of playdough recipes online; here's the one we used:
Nature's Playdough
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1 cup water
2 tablespoons oil (vegetable, canola, sunflower, etc)
2 tablespoons cream of tartar
Mix flour, salt and oil, and slowly add the water. Cook over medium heat, stirring until dough becomes stiff. Turn out onto wax paper and let cool. Knead the playdough with your hands until of proper consistency.
Use as is, or divide into balls and add a few drops of vegetable juices to make green, pink and orange. (spinach, beet and carrot juice)
Store in container in refrigerator.
More recipes here.

Meanwhile, the cats (Oliver and Sam) are in their yin yang position in their cozy bed.

1 comment:

Metalsgirl said...

Oh, this brings back memories! My mom made this for me as a kid...and I would eat it. ack! I can't imagine why I ate it...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails