Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hooray for the Red, White and Blue! - Wednesday Wanderings and the Shops Found Along the Way

With the Fourth of July coming up, I'm in the proper mood for patriotic themes. So today I'm hunting down the red, white and blue on Etsy...

My daughter made a flag garland (or bunting) for Noli's 2nd birthday and I have loved them ever since! This one is perfect for your celebration on the Fourth and can be used afterwards to decorate an Americana or nautical room. Or any room, just to happy it up!  Fabric Bunting Patriotic by Spring Chick.

I love the prim look -- can't you just see this pillow in a rocking chair out on the front porch? Great for any summer day, not just July 4th!  Primitive Style American Flag Pillow by Uneek Pillows.

When I came across this doily, I just stopped in my tracks! Based on those old-fashioned crinoline ladies with the huge skirts, and surrounding a center doily, this is truly a work of art. I crochet (although not thread crochet like this) and so can appreciate the time it takes to complete a design like this one. Circle of Victory Ladies by Mishap's Odds and Ends.

Wearing this beautiful beaded necklace would certainly make you feel all patriotic -- and there's also a bracelet to match in the shop! Old Glory Necklace by Suellen's Creations.

Any little girl would be so very sweet in this cute patriotic dress -- and it's made out of Dad's shirt! I love the simplicity of it, and the star buttons and red rick rack just set it off perfectly.  Sew Sentimental Dad's Dress Shirt Peasant Dress by Foot Loose Boutique. The pattern for this dress is also available in her Foot Loose and Fancy Free pattern shop.

I loved these the moment I set my eyes on them -- Oh for a baby to put them on (well, maybe someone else's baby...) So cute, they are great for July 4th but can be worn anytime, particularly during the summer. Think a playdate at the park or at your mom's group. Cute, cute, cute! Patriotic Red White and Blue Diaper Cover and Hat by Sheila Harden. (A friend from the Create Crochet Etsy Team)

You know you gotta have beer (oh, all right, a soda will do, too) for your Fourth of July barbeque -- and you've gotta be able to tell which one is yours, right? So dress your long-neck in this cozy and mark it as yours! I love the girly ruffles -- but she makes one for the guys too! Red White and Blue Beer Bottle Cozy by Clarissa at All Things Crafty. (A friend from the Create Crochet Etsy Team)

When I saw this painting, I thought it would be the perfect end to this patriotic theme, and just right for Independence Day.
The really amazing thing about it is that it is painted with spray paint! I once saw an artist using this technique and just couldn't believe how quickly the painting was done. The flag, fireworks and Statue of Liberty all say Hooray for the Red, White and Blue! Liberty Flag Spray Paint Art by Schulz Artist.

 ★ ☆ ★ ☆  ★ ☆

 Well, I hope you enjoyed our little stroll through Etsy's Fourth of July fun, and that you'll be back next week to join me on my Wednesday Wanderings...

3 comments:

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

Great 4th of July items! Of course I love the bunting and pillow the most!!!

lesley said...

great finds... happy 4th!

xoxo,
lesley

Foot Loose and Fancy Free said...

Thanks for featuring my "Sew Sentimental" dress on your blog. I also signed us as a follower. Sandra at Foot Loose & Fancy Free

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails