Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Purple Butterfly for Karon

I love to do cross-stitch. I love the outlining and embroidery at the end that just makes the stitching pop! So one way to combine this love with helping others is through Love Quilts -- a group of very talented and hard working and loving women who stitch and sew cross-stitch blocks into quilts for kids who have life-long or life-threatening illnesses.

This is my latest -- a butterfly for Karon. She loves purple, and butterflies.


Next, I will be stitching for Tylynn who loves rainbows, the sun, clouds, stars, planets and the moon! So mine will be a bright rainbow and sun over a cloud that says "Follow Your Dreams." I'll add some pics when I get some done -- haven't even started it yet!

And, just so you can see an example of a finished quilt, here's one that I contributed to from earlier this year. It was for Shane, who likes the great outdoors.


 This is what I stitched -- ducks in flight sampler


Finished quilt!

And, now, have a perfectly beautiful, purple butterfly kind of day!


2 comments:

Groovy Pumpkin said...

What an amazing quilt,and your butterfly is gorgeous!! Did you design the pattern yourself?

Jane x

Crunchy Diva said...

i too love to cross stitch i haven't done it in ages as i just don't have the right light at where i'm living now. at times i do miss it. love quilts is a great cause! your blocks are beautiful

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails