Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday Sneak Peek!

I'm still trying to play catch-up with my sneak peek from last week but I. will. get. them. listed.  I'll just have to double, triple and quadruple list this week!!!  :p

Lately I've found some neat sewing stuff -- of course, the patterns are an ongoing effort, but I discovered some nifty things at estate/garage sales (sometimes they turn out to be one and the same...).

Don't you love the cool tie? I found two from the 70s in polyester -- both wild designs! The sewing book is from 1972 and has the absolute best illustrations! The color ones at the beginning of each chapter are so retro! Of course, it has excellent sewing how-to's too! (Even has how to make a tie!)  And if you like crewel embroidery, this kit is for you! Roses and Daisies, both designs included.

Up close of the paisleys on the tie -- they almost look like fat little fish! The embroidered table scarf is lovely and the little quilt -- it would be adorable in a child's playhouse covering her little doll!

Yum. Vintage sewing goodies! My mother had one of these Dritz electric scissors. We thought they were just the greatest thing since sliced bread!! The wooden spools and the old card of pins are just cool! Great for a collection in your vintage sewing room! And the green vase is just a lovely old piece. Perfect to display those spools in!!

This is a round tablecloth that would fit a small table or the middle of a larger one. I think of it as the "Children of the World" -- very neat. It would be very cute in a little girl's room!

Hopefully, these will show up in Magnolia's Attic soon!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails