Tuesday, November 2, 2010

It's Sandwich Day! - Wednesday Wanderings and the Shops Found Along the Way

Make your favorite sandwich for lunch! Go to your local sandwich shop! Top off the pb&j with baloney!!

It's National Sandwich Day!!

(You say bologna and I say baloney....  Bologna.  Baloney.... OK, you know the song)

A couple of Christmases ago, I made some crochet food for Noli -- one was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. This one leaves your face clean, no tell-tale signs of jelly, no sticky fingers. Oh where is the fun?!!


Someday I'll make another one for my shop. Right now Noli has the original -- and it's not even stale ;-)

So, work up your appetite and join me in visiting the sandwich shops of Etsy!


Here's that pb&j with baloney! Your kids can make any funny combination they want with this set!! Sandwich Set Felt Play Food by Northwoods Toys. Cute, cute, cute -- and well made too.


Did you say that sandwich bags are on your grocery shopping list? Well, check this one out! More cuties in her shop -  Sandwich Purse by Treebot.


Or how about these potholders? These would make cooking fun! Made with two batting layers, one of which is an insulated one to really keep your fingers from being burned on that grilled sandwich! Peanut Butter and Jelly Potholders by Cool Tricks.



Wear your sandwich on your sleeve with these cool cuff links! Filled with grilled chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and onions -- that's a lot to pack into these tiny sandwiches! Grilled Chicken Sandwich Cufflinks by Schickie Mickie.


Do you ever watch "Man v. Food" on the Travel channel?  A sandwich like this would certainly give Adam pause before taking the bet! Or maybe he'd be saying "Does it come with fries??" Big Sandwich Print by Hurricane Katrina.

Whew!! Now I'm so full I need to find a flat river rock to stretch out on in the sun!! Or maybe I should excercise.  Nah -- flat river rock wins every time!!

By the way, do you know where sandwiches originated? Yeah, yeah -- the Earl of Sandwich -- I guess we all know that. BUT, do you know what the illustrious Earl was doing when inventing said sandwich?

Gambling!! He needed something he could hold in one hand to eat while holding the cards in the other! This was way back in 1762 so, apparently, the idea took hold  ;-)

OK, now for that flat river rock.....

4 comments:

Sarah B. said...

Who knew gambling could bring about such a delicious meal?? I love those potholders :)

Meeling said...

Cute post!

I love the felt food. I work in preschool and those would be played with a ton!

Marie Anne said...

I've already eaten lunch and you've made me hungry!

I love the PB&J in crochet. You've inspired me to try something of my own!

(BTW, I'm Marie Anne, MACrochet from createcrochet team on Etsy)

Anonymous said...

Your food is SO CUTE!! I love it and I love how you've used a variety of fabrics to create a variety of fun foods! What a great blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails