Wednesday, April 6, 2011

April Showers ~ Wednesday Wanderings and the Shops Found Along the Way

March winds and April showers bring May flowers...

Well, we're smack dab in the middle of those April showers, I'm afraid! A night or two ago, an April shower big huge storm woke me up 4ish in the morning with what sounded like hail on the roof.  Sounded like the skylights would bust out! But, it was nothing but an April shower that, by a more reasonable time in the morning, had become a beautiful sunshiny day!


I wish these were the raindrops that had fallen on my skylights -- they are too pretty to be so loud! Have a look at this shop; it's full of rainbows and rainbow colors! You'll feel happy just peeking in her shop windows! Rainbow Raindrops Cloud Mobile by The Rainbow Room on Etsy.


How about this little cutie! He wouldn't be so loud on my skylights! Magnets keep him sitting nicely on his cloud, floating around the sky. So sweet...  Lil' Magnetic Rain Cloud by Animal Magnetizm on Etsy.


Fleecy soft rainbow scarf! This is so cute it would make your day happy just to wear it! Rainbow Scarf by  Oolahoolah on Zibbet.


This is a fun rainbow from one of my Facebook buddies! Max does beautiful 
bead work and this is no exception. She says it's inspired by her daughter 
who's really into peace signs and anything hippy! 
A Rainbow of Peace Handwoven Bracelet by Krafty Max on ArtFire.


Do you remember the Smurfs? We absolutely loved them at our house! 
These are vintage rain boots just right for puddle splashing! Have a Smurfy 
Day!!! Vintage Smurf Rain Boots by Stardust Vintage on Etsy.

Only light showers from now on, April ~
Bring on the May flowers!

12 comments:

paula said...

i used to watch the smurfs everyday! here in argentina we call them "pitufos". great blog!

Lulu Grey said...

I know what you mean about April Showers - so rainy here right now.

That first mobile is very rad.

Krafty Max Originals said...

Oh my goodness, THANK YOU! I just saw this wonderful post that included my rainbow peace sign bracelet. THANK YOU! I am so very honored that you like my work and would use it in a post. ~KM

The Rainbow Room said...

♥ Love this - thanks so much for including my mobile : )

Della said...

That lil rain drop is just too cute!

Design It Chic said...

Loving the Smurfs rain boots! So adorable! Oh and the little cloud mobile with rain drops too. I just discovered your blog and I'm glad I did. I am now following you thanks to Mid Week Mingle Blog Hop and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog:)
And don't forget to check our new Blog Tutorial going on today. It's very easy and it would look amazing on your blog:) See you there!
Happy Thursday

Jordan said...

Ohmygosh!! The mobile is adorable!!! And so are all the other beatiful creations :)

Me & my sister have been hoping for a big ol' thunderstorm... we haven't gotten one yet, though ;) Enjoy! Next will come the May flowers :)

Re said...

Great feature, thanks for sharing. May the "hippie" continue to be born! WOOT!!!

Melissa at bubbyandbean.com said...

That mobile is wonderful!!! So cheery! Thunderstorms are tough here in our house because Bubby dog is 15 and NOT fond of them. I'm ready for the May flowers. :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

xo,
melissa

Jenny said...

cute! I love the rainbow raindrop cloud. it makes me smile :)

Linda E. Pruitt said...

I really miss the Texas "showers" and the lightning and thunder that usually goes with them. Here in Oregon, we rarely get those explosive storms, just a constant wetness!

Angela said...

I LOVE that rainbow clouds mobile! I always thought those were so pretty! :)

Angela

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails