Monday, May 12, 2014

Blue Jay Steals Cat Food!

I noticed a blue jay swooping around the yard and he landed on the outside kitties food bowl and helped himself!

I grabbed my camera but, naturally, he zoomed off before I could get a shot. I guess he had eaten enough kibble! I was able to get a few sketchy shots of him as he flew from bowl to lawn mower to tree to more tree to back fence....



I would gladly pay him in worms and kitty food if he'd make use of that lawnmower on the grass!



Hiding in the tree...
He was fun to watch as he kinda leaped, kinda flew from branch to branch!



Flew to the back fence and then took off



Patio says she was not very thrilled to share her food....
but wouldn't mind sharing a meal with Mr. Blue Jay...
if you know what I mean.... 


sharing over at Blue Monday


♥♥

14 comments:

Hannah said...

A Blue Jay would definitely be risking something hanging out around my cat too. I have Stellar's Jays here sometimes, they don't stick around for photographs, you did well.

Unknown said...

lol, I'm not sure Blue Jay would "share" very well. They can be quite mean. We have a blue jay family in one bird house, and cardinals in another. which makes our yard very colorful. :0)
Debbi
-YankeeBurrow

SmilingSally said...

Hello Sarah,

I imagine Patio would like to have a close "talk" with that blue jay. Thanks for sharing today.

Have a Happy Blue Monday!

Little Wandering Wren said...

Quick fly away beautiful blue Jay :) Great photos!
Wren x

Duni said...

Wow, beautiful blue jay! You did a great job capturing it with your camera - I know that wasn't easy as the birdies flit about so much!!
Nope, Patio does not look happy ;-)
Any chance we'll see the new kitties in future posts? :)

byTheArtBug said...

Lovely pictures of Blue Jay! How smart! Patio is a cutie:)

Natashalh said...

What a bold bird! I hope he doesn't get overconfident and end up with a lunch date with Patio Kitty!

BeadedTail said...

Our jays steal the little birdies food here. Patio is a cutie pie!

betty-NZ said...

Birds are so clever! Maybe your kitty can 'share' a meal with the jay soon...Muahaha!

Memories for Life said...

Blue Jays are so pretty, but they sure can be mean!
Patio is such a cutie :)

pasqueflower said...

Nice shots of the blue jay. Love that shade of blue. Poor Patio.

Splendid Little Stars said...

cute photo of Patio!
Birds are not particularly cooperative when it comes to posing for portraiture.
Mr. Blue Jay had better be careful or he might end up AS the main course!

Unknown said...

I love blue jays! They really are entertaining to watch and they are little thieves! Patio does seem to have her eye on him! Cats will be cats!

Anonymous said...

thats funny. I'm surprised the cat didn't go after them. My childhood cat actually caught a bluejay and brought it in the house to me!! I realized then that they are pretty big birds.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails